Tuesday, September 02, 2014


Literally.

I try to be understanding and tolerant about that too because I was such a heavy smoker for so many years.  It is actually somewhat embarrassing to know now that I reeked of tobacco smoke without even realizing it but....even with that understanding.....I can't stand the odor of a smoker.  Makes me sick.  Gives me a headache to be near them.   I'm having the conundrum of trying to figure out a polite and tactful way of informing smokers I work with about this problem.

"Damn you reek!", while holding my nose and fanning the air would probably hurt a person's feelings and I don't want to do that.  As I said, I was a smoker too and was oblivious to the smoke cloud of stink that hovered around me through the day.  I can hold my breath, but not for more than a couple of minutes at a time and it makes conversation difficult.

What to do?  What to do?

I'm pretty much coming to the conclusion that I may just have to be up front and direct about the whole thing....like the asshole ex-smokers that I always hated in the past.  Fortunately, it's becoming more and more a smoke-free world every day.

Can't happen soon enough for me. 



No comments: