Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

A wonderful trip. First real vacation that I've had in years, but it's good to be back home. Actually....it's just good to no longer be on the highway with all those crazy-assed drivers.

Did I exercise? Nope. I was on vacation, remember? I did do a lot of hiking through woods and in caves. Did I eat clean? Well, kinda. Missouri is not known for its cutting edge culinary delights. The actual eating out at a nice restaurant experiences were a bit disappointing. Mexican and Italian places were a disaster because they have no concept in that state about spices or flavors. It looked mighty good but I've had TV dinners that tasted better. One Mexican restaurant had a course of bland food with salsa that was little more than watery catsup. I requested hot sauce and the waiter had no clue what I wanted or why. Another place seemed to have salt as their only spice along with some undercooked shrimp and gooey pasta.

So, I didn't really chow down much on the trip.

I did read though, and I'm going to be talking later on about what.

No comments: