Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 24

I've decided to do something about my lackadaisical workouts at the gym. They aren't as intense as I need because of several factors inherent in gyms...mainly, other people. Ya see, in the Body for Life program, there is a specific way to work out that can be rather difficult if there are other people using the equipment or other people waiting to cut in between reps. It's a system of 12 reps and wait a minute, 10 reps with a bit higher weight and rest a minute, then 8, then 6, then back off the weight a bit and do 12 and without rest do another 12 with a different positioning. Then...rest a couple of minutes while you move on to your next type of exercise.

You get into a zone and it can be a pain when you are into it and have to step aside while somebody takes several minutes cutting in, or having your whole schedule thrown off because all the equipment is being used. So I've decided to do my workouts at home with dumbbells and the first thing I needed was a weight bench. Nothing fancy, just a basic bench.

I mosey down to the local sporting goods store called Dick's...which is aptly named because it seems to employ a lot of them. Found one that I liked and waited around for a half an hour for somebody to show up and sell it to me. Left. I guess they were not interested in customers that day. Went over to K-Mart and saw the same bench for $30 less, so I grabbed it.

Three hours later...



I am in control of my workouts again.

No comments: