Thursday, January 03, 2013

Progress


I started off being fat on my 55th year.  Oh, I wasn't morbidly obese or anything, but I have a fairly slight frame and it really shows around my belly more so than a larger man.  Belly fat is the dangerous kind that kills guys my age, plus it just grosses me out.

It is surprisingly easy to lose several pounds.  The trick is to keep it off.  Like an addict....if you change a behavior (in my case, eating like a hog) you can start seeing immediate positive results.  However, if you return to the old behavior, chances are the addiction will be re-established even stronger than ever.  This is called yo-yoing in weight loss and it can actually leave you in much worse shape than when you started.

I wanted to avoid that so I concentrated on changing my eating habits; trying to eat healthy foods, avoiding the unhealthy ones, maintaining my activity level, managing stress, and not allowing myself to get so hungry that I will eat anything I can find.

The result is my weight today.
Not too bad.  I'm still fat but a lot less.  At least friends (snort) aren't patting me on the belly and making witty comments any more these days.  In the coming months I'll be concentrating on developing muscle and saying goodbye to my sagging belly like I said adios to that seemingly impenetrable 200 on the scale.

2 comments:

Anji said...

Congratulations!

You're right, the hardest part is to keep the good habits and not go back to the old ways.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you!
Happy happy hoppy hoo hoo hee hee ha ha New Nuevo Year Ano to you too! Get ready for the best year ever-I suspect there is going to be fun and adventure laid out for you and the business is going to blossom along the way! Cheers to you and your success!
Make 2013 the best year ever!
Sincerely
The Help
http://Kliklaklay.blogspot.com