Friday, August 31, 2007

Day Minus 1

With the challenge start date getting closer and closer, I'm doing lotsa thinking and planning around what I will be eating most days of the week. I'm all for convenience because I don't have a whole lot of time to prepare six meals every day. Besides...my cooking skills suck.

So I opt for fast and easy on most meals. Myoplex is good, but I can't drink those all day. What I usually do is pack ready to eat items such as cottage cheese, tuna, salad fixings, and raw veggies. I'll cook up a pot of brown rice and eat on that through the week. Same with some chicken breasts. Simple stuff, but nutritious and quick and easy.

I also like yogurt. It comes in a handy portion size and is loaded with good protein and calcium. Plus, it satisfies my sweet tooth a little bit. The trouble is....yogurt comes in all types of varieties. Sheesh...the yogurt aisle in a supermarket is worse than the cereal aisle.


You have all kinds of flavors from chocolate to some fruit that nobody outside of Peru has ever heard of before. There's fruit on the bottom, cookies on the top, whipped, blended, thick, custard, low fat, light, and smoothie style. Some of these yogurts have more calories than a bowl of rocky road ice cream. You can find some that claim to be 20% less calories than the others....because they are 25% smaller. Some have containers so weirdly designed that you can't really get a spoon into them. I guess you are either suppose to dump it into a bowl or use your tongue like an anteater to get at it.

I usually just buy the generic (translation = cheap) non-fat stuff. It's about 90 calories and tastes fine to me.

No comments: