Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day Minus 9

Down to single digits in the countdown to the challenge date. My...how time is flying.

I recently had a change in my work schedule that, I'm hoping, will make this challenge much easier for me. I'll be working ten-hour days with Sunday (free day, yippee!), Monday, and Tuesday off. One of the major hurdles I had with staying on the challenge in the past is finding the time to fit everything into the week. No time for meals at work because of the crush to get everything done during the day and usually staying an extra hour or two. Trying to fit in an exercise for the same reason. Along with that, a perverted desire to spend some time with my partner. I could just not get the Body for Life to fit my lifestyle.

Now...I think I have a handle on it.

I go to work at 9am, which means I have to leave home about eight thirtyish. Since I regularly get up around five every morning by habit; I can easily wake up, suck down some coffee, go to the gym for a full work-out, come home and clean and eat a healthy meal with plenty of time before heading off to the salt mine. I can schedule my meals through the day much easier since I will not have any mandated 'lunch hour'. And...I get home around 7:15pm with plenty of time to enjoy a relaxing evening.

I think this will work well for me. Not much time to create progress videos for YouTube during the four days at work but plenty of time for that on the days I have off. Plus, I want to make a goal of writing in here every day...even if it is just a sentence or two.

No comments: