Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 39

This is really weird. I'm not losing much weight right now in the challenge but I seem to be getting smaller....or at least less round. I've had to start wearing a belt to hold up my pants.

Now, that might not seem like much to you...but for years I've worn jeans that were a bit tight around the middle and just let my belly snug up against my waistline. A couple of weeks ago I went out and got a belt because my britches were starting to droop. The other night, I was standing in the kitchen talking to Vickie and my pants just dropped to my ankles. I wasn't moving or jumping or stretching or making a suggestive pass at Vickie....my pants just fell off. It seems that, though I still have a gut, it's slowly going away.

I cinched up my belt a couple of notches when I went to work the next morning. I had to give a lecture and didn't want a repeat of what happened in my kitchen...though I guess it would be a good way to find out if anybody in the class was paying attention to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your probably losing the fat, but gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, and if you are not losing weight *much* but your losing mass, then you are now gaining muscle....That is a good thing

-Robert-

Jen said...

This is a very good sign!

Boyd said...

Hey Same with me lol. Hey how did you do the recent readers on the left hand side of this blog thingy?

Jay said...

LOL...Boyd, I thought I got the idea from your blog. Not sure how it works.