Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 59

I've been looking at buying a senior citizen lately. They're a lot like cats.....don't require a lot of attention, easy to feed, and are content to sleep most of the day. Some are, like cats, kinda crabby but that's their charm. And hey....two for one sale....whatta deal! But I won't be going to the International House of Pancakes this morning to purchase some old farts, I'll be going to another one of my notorious "working" breakfast meetings.

I don't know what it is about my team wanting to go to pancake houses for meetings once a month or so. Nothing productive gets done...really....except the ironic point being made that our productivity is a bit low, so we all should buckle down just as soon as we polish off the chocolate chip pancakes smothered in whipped cream during this two hour feeding meeting.

I'll have a cup of coffee. I'm not even going to make an attempt to find something coming close to being healthy on the menu. I had a Myoplex this morning and that will hold me until my next meal AFTER the meeting.

Just because nobody around me cares about their body, I've got mine for life.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

That first paragraph made me laugh. Fantastic. But now I miss IHOP, even though I rarely went there when living in the states.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the picture, before I even read the first paragraph, I thought "I guess Senior Citizens aren't selling, so they have to sweeten the deal and get rid of them two at a time." Too funny!