Monday, December 31, 2012

Recalled to Life

2012....it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  Well, maybe not such extremes for myself during the year but it did have its ups and downs.  I suppose all years are like that; some good, some bad, but mostly evening out in the long run.  I've lost some people this year but I gained a granddaughter.  I've received a promotion at work but had to use that position to fire four people that I personally liked.  I've weighed in at under 200 lbs for the first time in many, many years and have stayed under that benchmark.  I've continued the attempt to stop smoking and, though I keep relapsing, I keep trying and will end this year and begin the new one a non-smoker.  Good times.  Bad times.  Mostly good.  The world didn't come to an end and that can be counted as a positive.  I have a job, a loving wife, a home, and no serious health or financial problems.  There are a great many people not as fortunate.

I've become keenly aware of age...of my body that comes with increasing little aches and pains with each new year.  This saps the joy out of living and is the primary reason why I'm attempting to do something about my physique.  So this next year will be a focus on a recall to working out in order to develop my body.  Not something that I'm particularly eager because...really....I'm lazy and exercise hurts; but I'm hoping it's a small hurt to prevent the continued bigger hurt.  2013 is the year I raise the bar for my personal goals that I've yammered about in this blog for so long.  This is my year.  The time is now.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done.

1 comment: