Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Early Bird


I've found out through experience....that if I don't do my exercises first thing in the morning, I will find an excuse to blow it off later in the day.  I'm really good at finding excuses.  It will be too hot, too cold, too dark, too light, too many people at the gym, gym is closed, I'm hungry, I'm full...I can come up with a million excuses, all the while forgetting the reason I wanted to do the exercise in the first place.

I think that's the problem.  A bit of perversion from the biblical verse...the flesh is willing but the mind is weak.  I've discovered that it really helps if I can do exercise before my mind has a chance to think much about it and come up with any objections.  After exercise, with all the good physically induced endorphins flooding my brain, my mind is like "oh hell yeah, wanted to do this all along, do it some more".

I do have stumbles though.  Wednesdays, for example; I have to go to work so early I cannot get a workout in.  It is always a struggle to do it at the end of the day when I am tired and hungry.  

Maybe I could bring a set of dumbbells to my meetings? 

No comments: