Sunday, June 10, 2007

End of the First Week

And I had some doubts as to whether I could make it. Last Sunday, I began getting that tickle in the back of the throat and a tinge of a sinus headache. I hoped it would pass but, alas, come the next day I had a full blown cold....and it lasted all friggin week. I did my best to eat according to plan but have to admit I skipped a few of the meals because I felt so lousy.

I did exercise every day. I sure didn't want to and the intensity was pretty low...but I did it anyway.

Here's the results:
weight --- 210 lbs
bodyfat --- 33.5%

A loss of 8 pounds in one week! Actually, it's not all that impressive or unexpected. I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle and am way too high with my bodyfat. Any time somebody likes me starts a diet or begins exercising, the initial response is a fast drop of several pounds. This is what all the fad diets and magic fat-burner pill makers don't really tell you........just reducing the number of calories and moving around a bit will burn off several pounds very quickly. The trick is to keep an eye on the intake of the right types of foods and continue to build muscle to replace the fat.

I figure that my weight losses will slow considerably and might even increase every now and then when I start developing muscle, which has considerably more mass than fat. Still....eight pounds is eight pounds. According to my bodyfat percent, I'm now walking around with about 12 pounds less blubber than I had last week.

And that is very cool!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! If it's ok i would like to add your link to my blog!

Jay said...

I would be honored! Eventually, I'm going to get around to adding some links of my own here and would like to add you as well.