Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whut Happened?

I dunno. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm trying to decide what to do next or if I even want to do anything more with this challenge stuff. I was going along with a full head of steam, then it just unraveled. Tremendous amount of pressure from work, a loss in my family, and some illness put exercise and diet on a back burner. Before I knew it....a week passed....then another....then a month.

I'm pissed off...mostly at myself.

I'm thinking that, maybe, I just don't want to transform as much as I say all the time. Perhaps I'm not really willing to do what it takes. Perhaps I'm lazy.

Today I am fat, lethargic, sick, and smoking again. I feel like shit. I'm sitting here wondering what it will take to get me to do what I know I need to do.

3 comments:

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Have you tried losing weight or stop smoking without a challenge? Take the no challenge challenge.

My simple advice (although not solicited) is stop thinking about it so much and just do it.

Stay strong.

Terry

Jay said...

Damn you, Terry. I've had your simple advice knocking around in my head all week like some sore tooth that I can't leave alone. I know you advise not thinking so much...but, I believe you may have given me an epiphany.

or maybe a good kick in the ass

web_loafer said...

Reality has a strange way of catching up with our flippancy.