Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Week 1 Day 3

Posted by Picasa


I have difficulty eating breakfast. My usual habit is to drink several cups of coffee, supplemented with a few cigarettes, in an attempt to jump start my brain and body in the morning. That works for the short term...but very bad for me in the long view. So one of my challenges in this challenge is to start the day with a healthy meal. The photo above is one of my standards; two poached eggs and two vegetarian sausage patties. It totals about 200 calories with 32 grams of protein and 8 grams of carbohydrates. No butter or oil, just a bit of hot sauce on the patties and black pepper on the eggs with a glass of water on the side. The whole thing takes about five minutes to whip up so I can prepare it, eat it, and go.

It's pretty tasty too.

No comments: