Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Crap!


The one thing that Shawn Phillips goes over and over in his book about the 12-day base camp is.....do the entire 12 days without any failure at all.  None.  No wiggle room.  Eat a doughnut, start over.  Miss your exercise, start over.  Don't drink enough water during the day, start over.  Not quit or give up, but start again from day one and do twelve uninterrupted days.

Well, I haven't been able to do twelve days in a row.  Right now I've been awake since 2am due to some stuff I had to take care of at work.  Part of the rules for this base camp is to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.  On top of that, I've also eaten a few things I was suppose to stay away from during this time.  After 10 days...I start again from square one.

I do take away some good things and it's what encourages me to keep trying.  I feel great.  The fact that I have been able to get through this very long day without fatigue and staying mentally sharp attests to what I was doing for my body was good for my body.

So...starting over.  This is hard stuff.  Backsliding is probable.  Giving up is not an option.

No comments: