Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Experts



Diet and nutrition "experts" are all full of shit. Half of them say certain foods are just what you need to be healthy, while the other half say those same foods will kill you.  I am so sick and tired of reading about this hot food item that will burn fat and build muscle, or that other food that will probably give you nose warts and double your weight overnight.  The really irritating thing is that supposedly good and bad foods will switch places every week or more. 

It's all crap.  These so-called experts fall into two camps; the super-duper body sculpted winners of the genetic pool who could live off of Doritos and Mountain Dew and still look amazing...and fat slobs that gladly take money off of people desperately trying to understand just what the hell to eat to be healthy.  Neither care.  It's all bullshit, all of it.

What I'm doing is simple and basic.  See...I have a theory that we really do instinctively know what is good for us and what is bad.  I think the problem has come with us not listening to our bodies any more.  So that's what I'm doing.  Listening.  Hearing my mother's voice in telling me what is good and what is junk.  Mom knows.  She always knows.  Eat your veggies.  Only one cookie or you'll spoil your dinner.  Clean your plate because there are poor children in China that would love to have your scraps.

Not sure what the last piece of advice has to do with anything....but the voices of my parents that I hear in my head are a package deal and I can't filter out the weirder stuff.

No comments: