Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 2

ohboy...It was so hard to take my before photos yesterday. This has got to be the worst shape I have ever been in my life. Looking at the video I put on YouTube made me want to run to bed, crawl under the blanket, and hide. You see...I don't really have any mirrors in my house other than a couple that show me from the chest up. With that, it's pretty easy to squint a bit and ignore the vast gut I'm lugging around.

But the camera doesn't squint...and numbers don't lie, so here are some starting statistics.

Weight -- 221.5 lbs. This is not the most I have ever weighed, but it's damn close. Trouble is, I'm only about 5'9" and fairly scrawny in most respects. This weight does not look good at all on my small frame. I would like to get down to 180 lbs.

Body Fat Percentage -- 39.0%. That means that almost two-fifths of my body is fat, 86 pounds of it. I read a lot of what a good percentage should be and most recommend somewhere in the low twenties...at least.

Neck -- 17 inches.

Forearm -- 12 inches

Biceps -- 15 inches

Chest -- 46 inches

Waist -- 51 inches. This is four and a quarter friggin feet of gut! This is what I'm talking about when I say that, though I've weighed more, I've never been in this shape before.

Hips -- 45 inches

Thighs -- 20 inches

Calves -- 16 inches

As you can tell by these measurements, I'm shaped like a potato with toothpicks for arms and legs. My goal is to lose 40 lbs in 12 weeks. That comes out to around 3 or 4 pounds a week. That's not impossible, especially during the first couple of weeks. I know it will get harder to take it off the more fat I lose and the more muscle I add on. That just means I will have to continually step up my game.

No comments: