Wednesday, March 05, 2008

C1W3D3

Well...dangitall...I gained some weight. Not much, about three pounds up from last week to 214. I'm really not all that surprised since most of my weight loss had been due to not eating much and not keeping what I did eat down. I figured that once I started eating properly again I would put on a few pounds. The good news is, my bodyfat percentage is down to 36.5.

So I must be doing something right.

I'm looking at some kettlebells to spice up my workouts with. I haven't decided what sizes to get though. I don't want to get some that are so light that they won't do any good...and I don't want some so heavy that I won't use them since that wouldn't be much good either. I might try and get ahold of Terry and see if he has any suggestions.

2 comments:

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Suggestion 1 = first kettlebell should be 16KG (or 35 pounds).

Suggestion 2 = Get the Kettlebell 101 DVD from http://www.bluecollarfitness.com for $15 + 5 shipping. I have been talking to the guy that produced this video and I have viwed the video. It is a great source of good solid information for a great price. I will be doing a video about it soon. This is the type of thing I have been looking for to recommend. It will not break the bank to get it. It is not a "workout" DVD, that is, pretty girls in short shorts are not doing a routine. It's good demonstrations, advise and workout suggestions.

Terry

Jay said...

I knew I could count on you. I'm going to order the DVD right now.