Thursday, October 02, 2014


You can't control the weather.

Hell....here in Kansas....you can't even predict it worth a darn.  For some people it's a handy excuse to skip exercise.  Storms, snow, ice, tsunamis, meteor showers, all kinds of things that make wanting to get dressed and go outside not so appealing.  This morning there was one of those famous north Kansan gully washers.  Hail, thunder, and rain coming down so hard you can't even see across the street.

That's why I belong to a gym.  Just like the once mythical postman I don't give a damn what the weather is, I will get the job done, and my job is to workout before I get too far into my day.  That's the key.  If I wait until the weather clears, I'll find another excuse.  Once you start accepting excuses not to do things you have promised for yourself, you will be amazed just how many there are that seem perfectly reasonable.  

Besides; I like rain.  It's only water.  Walking through a rainstorm to the gym wakes me up.  Walking out of the gym into a rainstorm is absolutely invigorating.  

I'll draw the line with tornadoes though.

No comments: